Yes there is now such a thing as National Grilled Cheese Day. Since I am a huge fan of this simple meal, and because I am currently battling a sore throat and cough, I decided to honor this day by making a simple meal of grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Unless you regularly dwell in the depths of a cave, you probably know how to make this meal For those of you who fear the stove top, follow my directions and I guarantee you too can take part in the festivities of the day.
- Bread – I choose a healthy Oatnut loaf… My favorite
- Cheese – I used Colby Jack to mix it up. Velveeta is my next pick.
- 1 can Campbell’s Tomato Soup
- First thing to do is to heat the pan to medium heat. You don’t want to go any hotter or else you will most likely burn your bread.
- Next, butter a piece of bread, and place the butter side down on the hot pan.
- Add desired amounts of cheese. I used at least three slices (I love cheese). Place other slice of bread on top the cheese and butter the top.
- Allow the cheese to melt and the bottom side of the bread to become a medium brown, flip and repeat with second slice.
- While grilled cheese is cooking, follow the simple directions on the back of the Campbell’s soup can – add water and heat – to make a great soup to dip your sandwich in. If you want a thicker soup add a little cream or shredded cheese.
- I cut the sandwich in halves or quarters to ensure easy dipping. Enjoy!