When it comes to pizza, I love my Pizza Pizzazz, but nothing beats a great homemade pizza. The fun thing about making your own pizza pie is that your choices of toppings are only limited by the courage of your taste buds. Until recently, I have been a very picky eater and my pizzas were covered in your traditional toppings: sausage, pepperoni, and Canadian bacon. This time, I branched out and put together a wonderful conglomeration of my favorite foods.
I have to admit, I did cheat with this recipe, instead of making a homemade crust I just bought a pre-made mix from Hy-Vee. This is simple, you just add HOT water, mix, and cover the bowl with a kitchen towel to allow the dough to rise. If you feel like being extremely crafty, here’s a pizza crust recipe I recommend.
- Shredded chicken – I just buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and shred that up to save time.
- Sun dried tomatoes
- minced garlic
- minced green onions
- artichoke heart
- cheese! I did a pizza blend, mozzarella, Parmesan and Asiago cheese; you can never have enough cheese in my opinion.
- 2 cans pizza sauce
- 1 package of pizza crust mix (1 bag/pizza you make)
- Slightly brown the crust (bake for 5-7 minutes).
- Remove pizza crust from oven and add sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Re-insert into the oven, cook for another 10-12 minutes (until cheese is completely melted and crust is browned).
- Slice and enjoy!